- More by Ben Keighley
Top 10 most common mistakes businesses make on social media
Social Media expert Ben is the founder and Managing Director of Routes 4 Media, a leading London based social media management and strategy agency, as well as a Founding Director of recruitment tech company Socially Recruited.
What are the top 10 most common mistakes you see form businesses on social media?
- No strategy behind why they’re active on the channels that they are.
- Posting for the sake of posting, with no content plan tailored to their audience.
- Inconsistent posting.
- Not responding and engaging with their followers.
- Posting content that is too ‘salesy’.
- Not testing a range of content types.
- Not learning from the data – data should inform most decisions.
- Posts are unprofessional and treated like a personal profile.
- A real lack of video content!
- Not experimenting with influencer marketing.
⬆️Follow on Al-Sahawat Times
⬆️Follow on LinkedIn
⬆️Follow on Instagram
⬆️Follow on Twitter
⬆️Follow on FaceBook
⬆️Follow on Routes4Media
Since you’re here …
… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Al-Sahawat Times than ever but advertising revenues across the global media industry are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a total paywall. We want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Al-Sahawat Times’ independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe truly ethical media and an unbias perspective really matters.
“I appreciate there not being a paywall: it is more democratic for the media to be available for all and not a commodity to be purchased by a few. I’m happy to make a contribution so others with less means still have access to information.”
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, the future of ethical media and the futures of our staff and their families would be much more secure. For as little as £1, you can support Al-Sahawat Times and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
This story is available on:
Talk to a journalist
Follow Al-Sahawat Times
⬆️ Follow on Instagram
⬆️ Follow on Twitter
⬆️ Follow on LinkedIn
⬆️ Follow on Facebook
⬆️ Follow on YouTube
Read it on FLIPBOARD